Under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) we, Matthews City & Country Homes, are obliged to process your Personal Data in accordance with various laws and regulations.
Personal Data is data about a living individual used to identify the individual or data and other information which is in the possession of or is likely to come into the possession of the data controller and could be used to identify the individual. It includes basic contact details such as your name and address together with any expression of opinion about an individual and any indication of the intentions of the data controller or any other person in respect of the individual. Information about companies is not personal data.
The term “processing” means collection, storage or use of the Personal Data.
Information we may collect from you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- records of our correspondence;
- details about your financial situation;
- details of any meetings we may have about you or with you;
- details relating to your current and proposed mortgage arrangements; and
- contact details.
Why do we need to process your Personal Data?
There are a variety of reasons for which we may process your Personal Data. For example:-
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our products or services;
- to assist your proposed lender and their valuers and conveyancers; and
- to assist you in the part exchange of your existing house or your application for the Government’s Help to Buy Scheme.
How do we use your Personal Data?
We can only use your Personal Data in accordance with the Act. We take data protection compliance very seriously and have a number of policies in place to ensure that we comply with the Act.
We will try not to be intrusive and ensure that the Personal Data which you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures so that the information is not seen, accessed or disclosed to anyone who should not see it.
We will endeavour to:-
- only collect Personal Data about you that is absolutely necessary in order to perform the services and provide the products to you;
- do our best to keep any Personal Data that we collect about you up to date and accurate;
- not keep any Personal Data longer than reasonably necessary; and
- take all reasonable steps to keep your Personal Data safe and secure.
Passing your data to third parties
We may need to share your Personal Data with other members of our group or third parties in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you or as otherwise permitted by law. The other members of our group will ensure that your Personal Data is stored securely and in accordance with the Act. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure third parties keep your details securely and only use such details in accordance with our instructions.
We will need to share your Personal Data with third parties involved with the Government’s Help to Buy Scheme and this will involve the export of your Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area. This will only occur in circumstances permitted by the Act and we will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure an adequate level of protection for your Personal Data. If we need to pass your Personal Data on to any other third parties we will ask your permission before we pass the data on.
If at any time you do not want us to use your Personal Data you should notify us in writing to the address identified below and we will stop using such data insofar as this is possible as is permitted by the law.
If you have any queries about the ways in which we use your Personal Data you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org